Sunday, March 10, 2013

Simply waiting for you.

“There was this devotee, very shy, very young devotee. When he moved in to our temple, and I said, “Prabhu, you gotta go on book distribution, it’s so nice, so blissful, so enlivening.” He was super shy, but after some time he agreed to go out with me. The devotees would go door to door. First door we knocked on, he was standing there with me behind him. You hear all the locks open. The door opens; it’s a little old lady. So I said, put the book in her hand. He gave her a copy of the Sri Ishopanishad. She didn’t say a word. She looked at the book, looked at him, nice Vaishnava tilak, looked at the book, looked at him, looked at the book, then she fell over dead. We had to call the neighbors, called 911, she was gone. Our new bhakta was understandably shaken.

I told him, Prabhu, look, she left her body looking at a picture of Krishna, looking at a Vaishnava. She was dragging on in that apartment. That was the only reason she was alive. She was simply waiting for you. “He asked me does that happen every day?””

found here

No comments: