Thursday, January 13, 2011

Subway Japa

Currently in New York with my wife and kids visiting family. Riding
hours on the subway provides plenty of time for japa meditation. As I was catching the 4 train down to the Wednesday night program at the Brooklyn temple, the person sitting across from me looked at me with a smile. He pulled out his rosary and started chanting his japa. While riding back while chanting with my eyes closed I heard a voice ask something. Opening my eyes at first I did not know what was the
question that the man across from me was asking. He asked again,
"Does your card have the mantra on it?" I told him "Why yes" he took one and got off the train. I continued to chant and a few stops later another voice asked, "Could I trouble you for a card a well?"
Hare Krishna

No comments: